Friday, January 25, 2013

Exaggerated Proportions. Favorites from Pre-Fall 2013


When I watch new seasons being loaded on my Style.com App (in my top 5 favorite Apps), I begin to see things I really like and then begin to put them together, trying to run a thread through them to explain what they have in common and why I like them.

Above we have: 3.1 Phillip Lim (I want to be in all Chloe next Spring and all Phillip Lim in the Fall!),  Acne Studios,  Kenzo (all too adorable), and always a favorite, Rochas.

All these looks are really special because of their PROPORTIONS (kind of a pun on the caps...oops, maybe silly, oh well).  Nothing is classically put together. And nothing is expected.  There aren't rules as you can see: Rochas is big all over, usually a faux pas; while Acne has only an over-sized coat with tall skinny boots; Kenzo's look is loose on top and on bottom but the pants do become defined at the waste. 

NO RULES.  It's ALL STYLE. And those are the two reasons why I like this play-on-proportions for Fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment